Hi friends! This season I’ve decided to do a little something different when it comes to my Fall capsule. I typically piece it all together behind the scenes. I curate outfits and debut my seasonal capsule end of September. It’s been resourceful in years past, tho I really wanted to dive deeper and spotlight the principal items that make up my season’s wear; Share more ways to wear each individual piece. Doing so would also open up opportunity to create new style reels, define my social media niche, and reach a larger audience. So, a Fall essentials September style edit seemed the perfect fit!
If you’ve been following along on Instagram, my September style edit is in full swing. I’ve set to share (and style) 22 items I believe essential for Fall. Today’s post outlines the first 11 items. Near end of month, you’ll find that all of these essentials are the building blocks of a purposeful and versatile Fall capsule. Early October, I’ll curate that big post we all love and complete the season’s build. So, let’s get started!
1. leather jacket // It took me a really long time to make that leap in investing a great leather jacket, but the moment I did I started questioning why it took me so long! This piece is beyond versatile and completes nearly every Fall look, flawlessly. The one worn here is from Madewell. I love the burnt sienna color; It seamlessly fits into Fall’s color palette. Here, I’ve shown you three ways to wear this classic number. Which is your favorite?
2. printed dress // Floral or patterned, no matter the design a printed dress is one I value most in my Fall closet. It’s often the foundation to my seasonal capsule build. It adds dimension and spotlights your style in the most creative way! To ensure it’s worn often, the key is to choose a print you love, and feel confident in. I’ve linked several options to choose from based on your style preference. All would work really well as a base to your capsule.
3. boots // Boots and booties are Fall’s shoe, am I right? I lined up and styled four of my top neutral boots this season. Which is your favorite?
4. faux leather leggings // Ya’ll have heard me rave about these. They’ve always made the cut in my seasonal capsules, and this year will be no different. I’ve styled them several ways here for inspo. If you’re not a fan of the texture, a simple black pair of leggings works just as well to include in your seasonal wear.
5. neutral sweater // Black, grey, white, or simple printed — which is your pick? I am a sucker for a striped sweater, but that’s just me. Having one (or all) of these in closet gives you endless options for style.
6. black blazer // This, too, has made my seasonal cut year after year. Love dressing a solid black blazer up or down. Check out several other ways to incorporate this staple in your closet this season, here. Pairing it with a simple striped top, jeans and heels creates a chic look for going out!
8. dark solid denim // Y’all know I’ve a jean fetish, but if I had to narrow down, these would 100% make the cut. Dress ‘em up or down – a solid pair of dark denim is a must in my closet.
9. white button classic shirt // This top is quite possibly the top that goes with everything. I had to stop at 5 — which way would you wear this staple?
10. neutral flats | This year I just can’t get enough of these tan chain mules. I love a good heel, but adding a flat to the mix instantly doubles your options for wear. These Steve Madden mules are on repeat & so easy to pair casually with all in closet. Fit tts.
11. light wash denim | No matter the style, a light wash pair of denim lends us optional outfits all season long! I’ve styled below four favorite styles – Mom jeans, skinny jeans, straight leg jeans, and slim boyfriend jeans. Do you have a favorite? .. I’ll forever love the skinny, but the straight is a close second!
There you have it – 11 essentials for your Fall closet! Stay tuned for the last half of this month’s style edit coming late September! As always, thanks for stopping by!