Can ya’ll believe it’s September? August flew, with no complaints. In casual conversation with the gal painting my toes this past week (was in dire need of a pedi) – We’d agreed that we are excited it’s September, but for different reasons than normal. Anyone who loves Fall as much as I do agrees that the return of the PSL, pumpkins, and onset of Fall fashion is so exciting. But this year, the excitement of the 1st just brings us that much closer to this year being over. An unfortunate reality. This year has definitely been one for the books and many (including myself) will be happy to turn a new page in a few months. Not to say our circumstance will change with a date, tho it may be an onset of hope we are currently lacking. Despite it all, I won’t dismiss the excitement I do hold for this month; It holds my most favorite season of all!
But this post isn’t to start chatter about September, is it?! Am here to reminisce on August! I feel August is always a bit awkward when it comes to fashion. Retailers release Fall collections (entirely too early, imo) and it leaves us in anticipation for next season while we sit lingo in another! Our minds (and bank accounts) are on all the cardigans, sweaters, and booties while it’s still 90 degrees out! But, in the anticipation of sell out, grabbing those Fall favorites now is smart – our top favorites lists below reflect the excitement for all to come!
In August, I topic’d a lot of content surrounding the Nordstrom Sale, with a few posts on trends and ways of wear. As in all monthly recaps, I’ve rounded up quick links to posts you may have missed. With the Nsale now over, the sales guide and top picks are excluded in our recap. I find my dupes post useful post sale, so I’ve included that below.
BIKE SHORT ROUND UP | WAYS TO STYLE
NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE DUPES 2020
MY THOUGHTS ON WHITE JEANS + 5 WAYS TO STYLE THEM
SAVE FOR INSPO | 4 FALL FASHION STAPLES
July’s Top 10 Best Sellers
Some of your favorites are my favorites, too! Dresses, cardigans, denim, and mules are just a few staples we’ve equally have shopped for. Our top favorited Instagram outfits, and a detailed share of August’s top 10 best sellers are listed below.
Want the quicker version? Click on any item in the widget to shop!
10. juliette collarless blazer // This piece is a staple for Fall, so much that I featured it in my ‘Save for Inspo’ post and styled it multiple ways! A bit of investment, but highly worth it in my opinion. I sized down to an xxs, as I feel it runs a bit large. Very comfortable and available in 3 colors.
9. canvas tote // I currently have the leather version of this and absolutely love it. So well made and perfect for everyday use.
8. faux leather leggings // It doesn’t surprise me that these made the list. I styled them multiple ways last year and they’re by far my most favorite Nsale purchase! Extremely versatile and flattering! I sized up to S in these.
7. high-rise skinny jeans // Y’all, Target has outdone themselves. These are nearly identical to the FP busted knee skinny jeans. These fit tts, and have the perfect amount of stretch. Oh, and only $20!
6. pink button up shirt // Love the color of this as I feel it works well year round! Such a great staple to have in closet! Shared multiple ways of wear in one of our Target shares and you’ve loved it since! Fits tts.
5. flutter sleeve floral trapeze dress // I saw this in-store and immediately grabbed it, knowing it a great alternative to the Topshop dress offered in the Nsale. Tho short sleeved, the print is nearly identical. Loved styling it multiple ways to prove how easy it is to style from Summer to Fall. Fits tts, tho I’d size up for length.
4. babydoll dress // Another great versatile dress. Offered in several colors, this dress is an easy go-to as we head into Fall. Fits tts.
3. boardwalk sandals // Mid month I featured these sandals in my sale finds. These were most popular!
2. pocketed cardi // I love this cardigan so much, I’ve bought it twice (in two colors, of course). It’s by far my most favorite purchase this season! With cooler temps on horizon, I know it will get much use. Available in 8 colors, this 100% cotton cardigan fits tts, and is less than $25.
1. woven mules // Target brought back these neutral favorites! So classic and a great close toe shoe option! They’ve also been on our best sellers list two months in a row! I sized down .5 in these.
Top Instagram favorited posts
shop similar outfit here
denim jacket (s) | white button down (similar) | striped shorts (xs) | mules (tts) | white sweater (0s) | ankle pants (2) | leopard booties (tts) | cardigan (xs) | leopard cami (xs)
utility jacket (xs) | bodysuit (s) | Mom jeans (25 short) | slide sandals (tts) | white dress (xs) | neutral heels (tts) | v-neck bodysuit (s) | twill shorts (xs) | leopard mules (similar)
kimono (similar) | bodysuit (xs) | paperbag pants (xs) | sandals (size up .5) | crossbody
sweater (xs) | black jeans (similar) | leopard booties (tts)
There you have it – your top favorited styles and blog posts from August! Until our next recap, thanks for stopping by!