Not sure about you, but we are in the dead heat of Summer over here. We’ve been on a streak of hot, sticky and humid days for what seems like weeks. As much as I love this season, I am honestly looking forward to the cool down and Fall’s front to make way. Until then tho, lightweight, breathable pieces are what I’ve been reaching for most.
The fabric of Summer has for sure claimed it’s rightful spot in my everyday line up. Linen is breathable, has excellent cooling qualities and simply put, is comfortable. So today I thought to round up several ways to style Summer’s fabric, and source ideas on ways to keep cool .. that is until temps die down a bit. Click on any image to shop the look.
1. Opting for shorts in Summer’s fabric will keep you cool and comfortable. Combine these striped curved hem shorts, an easy tank and espadrilles for the perfect fit. And for those that favor stripes, be sure to check out more ways to incorporate this favorited classic print, here.
2. I recently placed an Amazon Prime before you buy order and gave this linen cropped top a try. As this fabric intends, it’s lightweight and breathable. I love the square neckline and think it’s extremely flattering when dressed down with distressed jeans and ruched strap heels. It’s the perfect top for the office, date night, or any semi casual event.
3. I love the monochromatic look these two linen pieces create. This fit is chic, feminine and would work well at an all white party or any Summer event. I kept my accessories neutral with a straw bucket bag and simple nude heeled sandals.
4. Replacing your crisp cotton button up with linen keeps cohesive with the season you’re in and remains versatile in closet. Adding in your favorite sandal, tote, and everyday accessories guarantees a polished fit any day of the week.
5. I love the simplicity of this linen combo. Both pieces are loose fitting and comfortable. I styled it with lace up sandals and gold accessories for a stylish, yet relaxed fit.
6. If you know me, you know dresses are what I opt most in the Summer. This halter style open back dress from Target is extremely lightweight and doesn’t cling to the skin in the heat. It’s not too tight and provides just the right amount of shape for any semi casual event. Opt this colorful number at your next brunch, barbecue, happy hour, or birthday get together.
7. A loose wide leg makes wearing pants a whole lot easier in Summer. This classic pull on pair from Abercrombie made its debut in my early Summer capsule and has been on repeat ever since. Pair it with a feminine sweater tank, cropped blouse, or even a graphic tee. They’re comfortable, and an easy alternative to your everyday blues.
shop the post